Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

'Unspecified' in visitor id report

Level 2

I have got marketing cloud ID service enabled and I am capturing the visitor id in an evar. However, I can see a lot of unspecified values. What are the possible scenarios where visitor id is not captured?

8 Replies

Level 2

Hi Kamaldeep,

This happens in scenario where the user comes on the website for first time  and leaves after seeing just 1 page , on the very first hit there is no value for visitorID as thats the time the visitorID is assigned.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mody

Level 2

Hi Mody,

In that case, shouldn't the bounce rate for such users be 100% which is not so here.

Level 4

When you say visitor ID report can you confirm if our referring to some variable itself where you are storing the visitor id or is it the one from DW report, as both will have its own reasons.

Thanks

Saneesh 

Level 2

I am referring to an evar which is storing the visitor id.

Regards,

Kamaldeep

Community Advisor

The visitorID (if you mean the ID from the "Experience Cloud ID Service") should be set before the server call for analytics is sent (because Analytics needs an ID for the user to match the hits in the backend).

I would do the following:

1) get on page and inspect the server calls if the evar is set in each call. Best case is to set "evarX=D=mid" to let analytics backend put the mid in the appropriate evar.

2) get a raw data feed and inspect the hits where the evar is not set, compare to "visid_id_low" and "visid_id_high" which store the visitor ID. this way you might find a pattern where the evar is not set (maybe on custom link instances, exit/download links, certain pages, certain users)...

Employee Advisor

Hi Kamaldeep, were Urs's and Arun's answer able to help?

Community Advisor

Agree with