Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Typed/Bookmarked

Level 4

Team,

We have the full campaign URL with parameters to capture the CPC (cost per click) from the different referrer as shown below. We have seen Typed/Bookmarked takes the huge number. Moreover, when we break down the Typed/Bookmarked with medium report (CPC - evar 43) it has more data and we bit worried about that high numbers due to below concept. We use the metric instance for this report and please find the screenshot for your reference.

Campaign URL - https://www.asdfg.com/?source=BEN&umedium=CPC&uadpub=Bing&ucampaign=HFRGTYH258&ucreative=goodone&uplace=severe&cmpid=1

will my count get increase on every below scenario? if yes, what is the good way to over come on the below flaws.

1. When we type our URL directly into their browser
  2. When we book bookmarks our page on your site and references it on later (complete URL with query string)

Typed/Bookmarked report break down by medium :

1419957_pastedImage_4.png

7 Replies

Level 4

SarahEOwenPratheepArunRaj​ Shall I go ahead and put expire after visit on the evar 43? So that I can reduplicate the data I think so.  It would be good if you help me on this issue.

1424180_pastedImage_0.png

Community Advisor

Dear Jayakrishna,

Before doing the changes please let me know the metric you assigned to CPC i.e. eVar43.

Do you have any metrics associated to it?

Thank You

Arun

Level 4

we are using instances as metric to view the report.

Do you have any metrics associated to it? what does it mean?

Please let me know if any.

Community Advisor

Dear Jayakrishna,

It is always recommended to use a metric for an eVar rather than instances.

eVar persist across visits/expiry date giving different assumptions. So i will recommend you to implement a metric to associate eVar43.

Do you already have marketing channel enabled? The need for Referrer/Referring Domains/Referrer Type will be eliminated if you have Marketing Channels enabled.

Thank You

Arun

Level 4

Very sorry to raise this question, whats difference to use instances rather than metric on this case. How we can implement the metric if wanna do for my evar43? please let me know.

Also, please find the below set of marketing channel rule we are using right now. hope, you are referring about this only on our topic.

1424345_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

Hi jayakrishnaap53766400​ -

Arun has provided good feedback in the comments above

In addition to the feedback Arun has given, I'd re-order your Marketing Channel Rules.so that Direct, Internal, and Referring Domains are at the very bottom. Brent Dykes has a fabulous article that lists out his recommendations on the order of Marketing Channel Rules --> https://theblog.adobe.com/refresher-on-adobe-analytics-mktg-channels-reports-part-iii/

You can easily move the Marketing Channel rules by clicking on the gray area of a rule and dragging it to the new location.

Thanks -

Sarah

Level 4

thanks a lot for your replies. This helped me a lot to come out from this issue. I will try to utilize the marketing channel report going forward.