Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Tracking newsletter campaigns

Level 1

Hi all

I am new to working with Adobe Analytics. I have some knowledge about tracking in Google Analytics.

Now a client of mine is using a Adobe Analytics. We are setting up an e-mail campaign with banners in a media's newsletter. There will be four different banners.

Does anyone know, how I create the correct URLs/UTMs for the client to be able to track the campaign.

Usually I would use a linkbuilder for Google, but I can't seem to find that for Adobe?

All the best,
Anitta

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Anitta,

Campaigns in Adobe Analytics have to be tracked using s.campaign variable. Most of the companies use Query String Parameter to identify their Campaigns.

Below URLs will help you:

Campaign Tracking [Inside Omniture SiteCatalyst] | Adobe Blog

campaign

https://unilytics.com/campaign-tracking-in-google-analytics-and-sitecatalyst/

Thank You

Arun

Level 5

Hi Annita,

To answer the question of what value you should use for the campaign, this will always be custom depending on the company. At the company I'm currently at, we use salesforce.com campaign codes, so anytime you have a new campaign, you would generate new campaign codes in salesforce. Other companies might use a similar CRM, or a master spreadsheet/google sheet, or there are companies that specialize in creating and maintaining campaigns/metadata like strala.io. But yes, you will need to generate a tracking code using the same system that the rest of the company is currently using.

Community Advisor

Check this thread there is a solution that I explained how to track email openings and click through Email Data

Level 1

Thank you all for your answers. Very helpful!

All the best,
Anitta