Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Time on page in a path report

Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to get the average time spent on page for each page in a pathing report? i.e. Next Page. Or in workspace with a Flow report?

Thanks,

Ryan

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Ryan,

I haven't been able to figure out a way to get Time Spent for a pathing report. However, you could pretty easily get it using Entry Page as a dimension.

Could you share more information on what insights you're after? Perhaps there's another way to get the data you're looking for.

Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The ultimate goal would be to see time spent on pages in a specific path.

We have a path we're interested in, A-B-C-D, and would like to know how long visitors spend on each page when they come from different marketing channels.

Entry Pages would be one piece, so it would be how to get the rest as well.

Thanks,
Ryan

Employee Advisor

You could pull a pages report, use 'time spent per visit' as a metric, then use a segment for each marketing channel to see how they compare. Something perhaps like this?

1603787_pastedImage_0.png

Level 1

Yes, that works for the marketing channel side but we're really trying to zero in specific pages in a path.

I've created a sequence segment for the specific pages at the visit level but because it's the visit level I know this will also include the time when a visitor continues there visit and ends up back on one of those pages or if they were on one of the pages before they completed the sequence.

1605834_pastedImage_3.png

Would there be a way to limit the segment just to this sequence and exclude what happens before and after? That way I could apply it to a Pages report with the Time on Page metric.