Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Site Catalyst Anomaly Detection report data and API anomaly data do not match

Level 1

Hi All,

I am using the SiteCatalyst 1.4 API to get a report with Anomaly Detection enabled.

When I compare the data from the API report with the Anomaly Detection report in Site Catalyst for the same metrics I notice the following:

- the numbers for the metric are identical

- the numbers for the forecast do not match

e.g.   May 23rd - API report => page_views: 12627    forecast: 11666

May 23rd SC report    => page_views: 12627    forecast: 11059

Does anyone has any idea why this might be happening?

PS: I am using "dateGranularity:'day'" for creating the report through the API.

Thank you in advance 

11 Replies

Level 1

Same problem here, in fact, the gap in the data received via the API is staggering in comparison to the desktop reporting tool.

Level 10

Hi Marius and Jeremy,

Based on your description, it seems you are having a data discrepancy issue. We would want you to reach out to customer care and have our engineer have a look at it.

Thanks for reaching out to the community! Feel free to ask any further questions.

Regards,

TM

Level 1

Incident: 150527-000116 was reported yesterday.

Level 10

Hi Jeremy, 

Please let us know if your issue has been solved or not.

Regards,

TM

Level 1

The issue has not even gotten a response other than someone will contact us.

Level 10

Hi Jeremy,

Apologies for the delay. 

I have reached out to the customer care and you shall be hearing from them very soon.

Regards,

TM

Level 1

We have confirmation from Support that a data integrity issues does in fact exist.  We are still waiting on an answer to both a fix for the issue and what other systems (Site Catalyst Website?) run through the API which we now can not consider reliable.

Any poke you can make on speeding up a response or fix would surly be appreciated.

Level 10

Hi,

I have already asked the support to expedite and solve your data integrity issues. Be rest assured. 

Regards,

TM

Level 1

STILL NO REPLY FROM ADOBE OTHER THAN THEY KNOW IT'S AN ISSUE!  And I'm finding even more API pulls which are reporting incorrect data!

Please escalate this again.

Level 1

Hey guys.

Are there any news about this problem?

I'm working with anomaly detection for about two weeks now and I've got the same issue. Forecasts I get over API doesn't match with forecasts I get with Anomaly Detection.

Same problem with lowerbounds and upperbounds (depending on forecasts?!) as far as I can tell.

Best regards and thanks in advance