Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Report Builder Add-in Disappeared & Not Loading On Start Up

Level 1

hi guys,

Any thoughts on the following problem?

Been using report builder fine for years, opened excel one day and report builder add-in tab is missing. Try usual approach of going options > add-ins and checking if it is disabled, but it says its active, however its definitely not loading at start up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling RB to no avail.

had an initial solve by re-installing office (as part of an upgrade),  but its happened again and i'm looking for an alternative solution

Excel version is 2016 - 32 bit - any other Qs let me know.

1312469_pastedImage_0.png

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

When you reinstalled Report Builder, did you select the option 'for everyone using this computer', or 'only me'? Have you tried reinstalling, selecting the other option?

Additionally, can you double check and make sure that it's the 32-bit version of Office, and not 64-bit? You could also try downloading and installing the other bit version of Report Builder from inside the Analytics UI.

Level 1

this just happened for me too. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-in, excel, all of office -- i cannot get report builder to resurface even though it is both installed and selected as excel add-in

Level 2

Has anyone found a solution for this? I am having the same problem