Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Overstated visits in Adobe Analytics

Level 2

Hello All,

I am seeing the visits are overstated in adobe analytics. How I can fix this issue? or How i can troubleshoot the problem. I am using Adobe Dynamic tag manager on the site.

Thanks,

Krish

7 Replies

Employee

Hi,

When you say 'visits are overstated' do you mean you notice a sudden spike in the visits or the overall numbers are not aligned with other metrics like page views, unique visitors etc.

Also, is it just the visits metric? Have you checked other traffic metrics?

Level 2

Thanks a lot for your response.

visits are aligned with other traffic numbers like unique visitors, but our User ID report which tracks all visitors and a loyalty report that tracks our members shows that a large number of users have 100+ visits each day. Our overall CVR is also below 0.25% each day, which is well below industry average.

Employee Advisor

Having 100+ visits each day per userID value is definitely a red flag.

The first thing I'd check is to make sure your Analytics cookie is being set properly. Make sure the trackingServer and trackingServerSecure variables are correctly set and consistent on every page. Go through your site with the Analytics debugger and make sure you're seeing the same visitor ID values across all your image requests.

Level 2

Hi Gigazelle​,

Thanks a lot for the reply.How to check whether the cookie is being set properly or not? Where I have to check the trackingServer and trackingServerSecure variable? If those variables are not set, how to set those variables? I did not see the VisitorID  at all and how to set it?

Thanks,

Krishna.

Employee Advisor

You can use the Adobe Debugger to see what values are populating on each page. Basically, go through each page as a logged-in user, and make sure the cookie domain is the same on every page, and that you see the same visitor ID's across each hit.

Level 2

What is the Visitor ID ? I did not see visitor ID

Employee Advisor

visitor ID is going to be either the mid or aid value. mid is marketing cloud ID and aid is Analytics ID. There's also fid, which is the fallback value. These are what mine look like:

1411495_pastedImage_0.png