Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Orders count is collected on the Home/Checkout Page

Level 3

When we pulled the Page URL dimension against Orders metrics, we saw that there is 2-3 count against Home/Checkout Page URL which is not correct.

As the count only suppose to show in front of Thank you Page.

1510763_pastedImage_0.png

Please guide us.

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Ruchi,

Are you capturing Page URL in an eVar?

If so, can you check the orders against the variable and let us know?

Might be some gap in implementation or attribution.

Thank You

Arun

Level 3

Yes, I am capturing the Page URL in eVar and I have checked the Orders against Page URL eVar. is it showing same result.

Community Advisor

Dear Ruchi,

Then it should be something related to implementation where i don't have any advice. Let's wait for others to revert.

Thank You

Arun

Community Advisor

You are seeing evar to success event attribution here it appears. If evar is looking at pagename and its part of the same session then you will see this type of behavior.

If you do a pagename report of s.prop against the Success event of an order completion it should remove this multiple pages.

Also important to note when exactly are you firing the order completion variable?

Level 3

Order completion variable is s.tl() call which fires on order confirmation page which is top page name in the above image.

When I checked the prop page name against orders, I am able to view the correct page name which is order confirmation but order count is 3 which is less and incorrect. Ideally, it should show 7.

Employee Advisor

Is it possible the user could hit the homepage shortly before the link tracking request triggers, say, in another tab?

One thing you could do is make sure the page eVar is triggered on all s.tl() image requests by including that eVar in linkTrackVars.

Level 3

Yes i have already set page eVar on all the pages.

Also, might be user could hit to homepage in shorty but not on checkout unless he/she has bookmarked and open it.

Employee Advisor

I would recommend setting the page eVar on the link tracking image request as well, so that way it is in the same hit as the order confirmation. That way, there's no question on the timing of image requests and it won't get improperly attributed to the wrong page.