Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

More Reloads and Page Views when an Entry Page

Level 2

I need help understanding why Adobe is reporting more reloads and page views for a page in the Entry Page report, than in the Page report. Both reports are in the same workspace, reporting the same (completed) time frame (not reporting today).

My understanding is that the Page report includes traffic totals for each page listed, and the Entry Page report is a subset of those totals, reporting results for the page, only when it was an entry page. Total visits and entries make sense between these reports. How can a page have more page views when it was an entry page than when it was viewed at any point in the visit?

Testing the top 10 pages indicates some pages are reporting as expected, others are not. Do we have an implementation error?

Thanks

-Jane

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jane,

The Entry Page dimension works as a "visit based segment". The number of page views and reloads in the entry page report returns total of these metrics for the visits that page was the entry page.

Level 2

Hi Andrey

Thank you for your notes. Yes that is correct. I'd like to know how do we then have more page views from the entry report than the page report (for a selected page, not overall)? Please take another look at my question, let me know if you can help

Level 10

Number of Page Views for a given Entry page returns total number of page views for the visit when that page was the Entry Page. Does it make sense?

Level 2

Yes that makes sense, am asking a more advanced question. How are entry page views greater than total page views (for a certain page, not overall).

Level 6

When you are looking Pages Report, that gives credits (Page views) to specified Page. When you are looking Entry Page Report that only shows the Entry Pages with their contributed Page Views.

From the below screenshot, Visits 1 navigated Page A > Page B > Page C > Page D. Here Entry Page is Page A and that Page Contributed 4 Page Views in a Visit.

1843005_pastedImage_0.png

Hope you understand the concept.

Regards

Ashok

Level 2

Hi Ashok

Thanks so much, this is helpful. I didn't realize the page views in the Entry Page report are for all pages in that visit, not just views of the entry page itself. Thank you for the visualization.

Where i'm still stuck is; some pages report more page views in the Entry Page report and some report less. I will call Adobe Client Care.

Level 1

Hi @DigitalMarketi5 

Did you get a response to your question? I have a similar query. However, with Entry Pages I believe one should use Entries rather than PageViews.