Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Missing segments after May 2014 Maintenance Release

Employee Advisor

Hi everyone,

I just received some valuable info regarding a known issue on segments. We've identified some compatibility rules that prevented some segments from appearing within Ad Hoc Analysis and Report Builder during our last MR. We're working on getting a fix out, but have not gotten an ETA yet.

If you need access to these segments immediately, we have a workaround available. The segments in question should still be in the Adobe Analytics interface - open up the segment in question, and simply click 'save'. This will recalculate the compatibility and it after a few minutes will be visible in other Analytics capabilities.

Please post here if you're having issues with the workaround, or if you have a similar issue but are not sure it shares the same root cause as this one. I'll be posting updates here as I receive them. Thanks!

11 Replies

Level 5

Is this also affecting newly created segments from showing up in RB 4.7? I created some earlier this afternoon and don't see them in RB (they are in ad hoc). Or will I need to upgrade to RB 5 to see them?

Employee Advisor

Update: A fix has been coded, and is slated to be released during this month's maintenance release. There are some discussions taking place releasing it earlier, but nothing has been decided yet.

Employee

If you see "Unknown Segment" or "Deleted Segment" applied to a report that had a segment applied to it prior to the release, then the logic should still be in play and simply 'resave' the segment in the Segment Manager as outlined above. I have also seen this in Dashboards. In Discover it might look like the segment is altogether missing until you attempt the resave. 

Level 1

My problem is backwards to what your fix addresses.  I have segments I created in Ad Hoc that I shared to other users.  I cannot find these segments avaialble in the SiteCatalyst UI.  Any reccomendations here?

Employee

I have not heard any other reports of this, Jack. I would recommend creating a support ticket with ClientCare if you haven't already.

Level 1

Hi there

We have been having problems with Country segments in Ad-hoc. They will not save properly within segments, and I have already re-saved them post-migration. In other segments that include Country as part of the segment, they are constantly forgotten and as such are causing problems when we apply the segments to reports in Ad-hoc. Any ideas?

Kind regards 

Employee Advisor

Adam, if you're able to consistently reproduce the issue, open an incident with Customer Care so they can open a bug with engineering. Based on the information you're providing here, that's definitely not expected behavior.

When creating the incident, be sure to include steps to reproduce the issue so the agent can take those same steps and see that segments are forgetting the 'Country' rule.

Level 2

Hi.

I can't find these previously available Adobe Analytics default segments: Natural Search, Paid Search, Mobile Traffic (and there were a few others that we didn't use). Will these be restored as well?

Amy

Employee

@Amy, take a look at http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_templates.html

Also, from http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_transition.html:

Most former pre-defined and suite segments will be migrated over as segment templates into the segment builder. Segment templates are used to quickly build custom segments with common audiences. Segment templates can't be applied to a report directly, but they can be easily saved to a custom segment.

Segment templates are marked with a special icon in Segment Builder: 

Employee Advisor

Resolution: The data update has been pushed to production, so you should have your segments back in their respective Analytics capabilities. Please let me know if you see otherwise!