Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Line Visualisation for a breakdown

Level 2

Having the possibility to breakdown endlessly (like Adhoc Analysis) is great.
What would be even more helpful if it is possible to have a line-visualisation on this breakdown-data (like Adhoc Analysis)
If I'm correct this is not possible now as you can't add a dimension on top of a column.

Thanks!

12 Replies

Employee

Good suggestion! We will watch this post for votes ("hearts") and comments. Thanks for providing feedback! 

Level 8

Hi!

I have also a request, but if I'm correct Jeroen is wishing exactly same? Not sure, so have to ask with example images.

I attached 3 images. My goal is the get report for top pages with SEO entries and the most important part would be to see the traffic with trended line view for X weeks or months.

1.png = The default way.Otherwise ok, but trended line for different pages is not available.

2.png = This is the view I want to see. Sorry for crappy image, but you get the idea? Is this what Jeroen meant?

3.png = Ok, if I add month granularity directly to one page (other not possible?) then I can see the trended line for the page too. However, this would be too time consuming to make for every page and the "number part" would also be useless for me, just want the trended view possibility.

The request: for the default way there should also be setting availabe to turn the "bar line" to trended line with one click for every page just as the main stats is below the "entries".

[img]1.png[/img]  [img]2.png[/img]  [img]3.png[/img]

Employee

Great feedback. Thank you for the mock ups. I definitely see how this would be helpful.

Level 8

Love the new features we got on the June update. However, this feature is still not possible, right?

And one new but related question. Trended view is the most important view on many cases, but still not possible to see e.g. 10 lines for trended view or even more? I would like to see trended view for e.g. "last touch channels" and we could have 10-15 channels... or I would like to see visits for top10 pages in a trended view for last 53 weeks etc. These are not possible at the moment, I'm right or wrong? =)

Employee

Antti Koski wrote...

Love the new features we got on the June update. However, this feature is still not possible, right?

That's correct. We are still hoping to do it before the production release of Freeform Analysis. 

And one new but related question. Trended view is the most important view on many cases, but still not possible to see e.g. 10 lines for trended view or even more? I would like to see trended view for e.g. "last touch channels" and we could have 10-15 channels... or I would like to see visits for top10 pages in a trended view for last 53 weeks etc. These are not possible at the moment, I'm right or wrong? =)

You should be able to do this. See attached screen shot. Find the dimension you want on the left rail, then click the right-pointing arrow on the right of the label. This will give you access to the specific values for that dimension. Then you can just drag-and-drop them. As a side-note, right now you have to drag and drop each item individually, and then drag and drop metrics under each one. In the near future you will have a "table builder" interface that will allow you to drag and drop the metric only once and have it apply to all items. 

[img]Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 10.53.25 AM.png[/img]

Level 8

Thanks Ben! I want these features so badly, glad to hear that those are coming in the near future. And I know, the trended view can be very messy if we want to add more than 10 lines to the same view, but still we want it to be possible to do when needed. :) Of course that's why my original wish (2.png) is maybe even better feature.

Thanks for the detour tip for this one, I can use it now and counting seconds when you get the update for this one. ;) Although, that isn't the best possible stat... I mean if you would only see the trended view you wouldn't know what e.g. "revenue 2" is for. So instead of seeing "revenue X" you would need to be able to see "norfolk highland" and other dimension names in the trended stats... but I'm sure this is going to be fixed when the update comes.

Btw, have you already planned the date for production release? Not important to know, but of course I want my champagne to be ready too and celebrate the day too for this fantastic tool, hah!

Level 1

Hi, I am trying do trend my data, but I can't see an arrow that points to the right. What am I doing wrong?

[img]2015-08-11 10-41-53.jpg[/img]

Employee

Hi Maria, 

You can't (currently) add a line visualization to a "ranked" table (i.e., a table where the rows contain dimension values rather than a time granularity). There are two things you can do here:

1. At the moment, you would need to add some concept of time granularity to this table as a dimension. If you wanted to trend specific items (values in the table), you can add those values as columns by locating the dimension in the left rail and clicking on the arrow that appears when you hover over it, then dragging the desired values onto the table. Then add a granularity, such as "Day" from the left. I have attached a screen shot of what this might look like. 

[img]Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 7.39.30 AM.png[/img]

2. In the near future, you will be able to select a series of dimension values in a ranked table, then right-click the selection and hit "Trend these values." This will create a new line visualization that automatically trends your selection. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks, 

Ben

Level 1
[img]Untitled.jpg[/img]

BenjaminGaines wrote...

Hi Maria, 

You can't (currently) add a line visualization to a "ranked" table (i.e., a table where the rows contain dimension values rather than a time granularity). There are two things you can do here:

1. At the moment, you would need to add some concept of time granularity to this table as a dimension. If you wanted to trend specific items (values in the table), you can add those values as columns by locating the dimension in the left rail and clicking on the arrow that appears when you hover over it, then dragging the desired values onto the table. Then add a granularity, such as "Day" from the left. I have attached a screen shot of what this might look like. 

2. In the near future, you will be able to select a series of dimension values in a ranked table, then right-click the selection and hit "Trend these values." This will create a new line visualization that automatically trends your selection. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks, 

Ben

Thanks, that help. Then next question, is there a way to change the value for y coordinates to be shown in percent, as in the table?

Employee

Yes. If you mouse over the upper-right corner of the visualization, you will see a gear icon. In there, you can change the visualization to show percentages rather than raw values. 

[img]Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 8.27.31 AM.png[/img]

Level 1

BenjaminGaines wrote...

Yes. If you mouse over the upper-right corner of the visualization, you will see a gear icon. In there, you can change the visualization to show percentages rather than raw values. 

I tried that, but it do not give me correct values, don't know what shows....

Level 8

After the new fall release there are some great improvements, but if you look my 2.png attachment, can you verify that this kind of trend line isn't possible even now? I mean that clicking just one or two buttons in some settings I could get that kind of trend lines to replace the horizontal bars?

Yes, I noticed that you can right click one element and then choose "visualize -> line" and this way I get it, but only for one element.

Yes, I can now choose all the elements (e.g. last touch channels) and only after then I can right click "visualize -> line" and then it makes a whole new line chart and that way I get the trends what I was looking for. However, see the attachment "screenshot_line_trends.png" and the left section is so small that I can't see the names of the channels without scrolling. Would be great if this would be more flexible?

But even if there is a fix now or in the future for the above problem, I would still want to see those trend lines on the right side of the dimensions just like in my 2.png example. Because that way I get small unique trend line for every dimension and this is much clearer than the visualizons where all the trend lines are in the same window. Let's take one example, so you surely get what I'm trying to achieve and get answers. Our traffic decreases 10,000 visits from Google since last 53 weeks, question is "what are the pages that might have problems with search engine visibility?". I could choose pages as dimensions and entries as metric (with Google segment on) and if I then would be able to see in seconds all the simple trend lines from last 53 weeks I could easily spot the pages having some difficulties... (sure, there many other tricks to analyze that drop, but you get the idea why I would like to see so many individual trend lines?) Makes any sense or what?

Edit: Oh, it didn't add my attachment. If you need those, I can sent it privately or whatever.