Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Internal marketing channel on last touch attribution wrong

Level 2

I'm seeing a major uptick in items getting classified as internal traffic in last touch reporting since early August. Everything I have read specifies to not label as internal, but rather session refresh. That will be a phase 2. My hope is to understand why this is happening and potential solutions to fixing.

Any quick suggestions to check on?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

did you change anything in the marketing channel rules? or did you change something how you track campaigns? or did you change something on domain names/subdomains?

I would start examining what kind of traffic is "internal", where does it come from (campaigns?) and why it doesn't trigger any other channels. or maybe "internal" is accodentaly overwriting the wright channel on further calls?

Level 2

Nothing was changed in marketing channel rules or in campaign tracking. I'm trying to figure what is causing the internal classification to be so high. It wasn't a change in config that caused the uptick and it skyrocketed before I even started working on the site.

Also sounds like DTM never track would match internal URL filters? I was going to review that setup as a next step.

Appreciate the feedback on where to look in terms of fixing.

Community Advisor

did you check if any other channel drop at the same time, loosing traffic to internal? or did you change the analytics settings for what is counted as "internal"?

Employee Advisor

Were you able to get this resolved? Internal URL filters would be an excellent place to check and make sure everything is up to date.

Community Advisor

Dear