Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

I need year = 2020 in advance

Level 6

Hi,

I got a segment which I update monthly and include the future month as a filter (in one container) at the end of the prior month.

Example: I use month of the year = October & year = 2019.

Now the issue is that 2020 is not yet available in the list. Is there a way, can you make it available this December already?

Or do I need to generate a fake image request...?

Thank you for your help!

4 Replies

Level 8

Hi Stefanie,

Do you have a screenshot (with sensitive data removed), so I can see it visually. Hopefully I can think of a work around.

Thanks

Dave

Community Advisor

I assume that 2020 is available as soon as you have traffic (data upload to future dates is not possible).

I suggest you just change to "contains 2020" as text comparison - and change a month later to "equals".

Level 6

Thanks Dave & Urs!

"Contains" is not available but that pointed me to the following idea: choose January + exclude-container 2019 ..., and on 1st of January 2020 the right data will be filtered .

The segment is about excluding traffic that looks like bots, competitors' scripts etc.... it contains various old browsers and user agents.

Example: a certain user agent might show normal user behaviour in 2018, but since a month in 2019 it has been odd (huge amount of traffic, no orders), so we want to exclude it from a certain point onwards.

year.png

Community Advisor

thanks for sharing the solution, great idea!