Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

How to filter out the unspecified items from a report?

Level 6

I tried "does not contain" "Unspecified". But it won't work. I believe it is null value. So what should I use?

Thanks,

12 Replies

Employee Advisor

Try 'exists'.

If this doesn't work, can you give more information about the report(variable) you are running and the tool you are using(RnA/Workspace/Report builder)?

Level 2

Hello

Depending on your data, is you're trying to see just number, you would try 'filter'>'Advanced Options'; 'if any criteria are meet', 'contains one of': 0,  'contains one of': 1... until 9.

Or you would try it in workspace, there you can filter does not contain > none.

Regards,

Mauricio Shoji

Level 6

If it is a text field, then what I should do?

Thanks,

-Cathy

Level 6

So you will need to use workspace, add a segment to filter it out.

Right now, my users are using the regular report. Is there a way to filter it out?

Thanks

Employee Advisor

It is Unspecified in Reports, and None in Workspace. Will work with any metric as well.

Without segment:

1322415_pastedImage_3.png

With Segment:

1322416_pastedImage_4.png

Level 6

See the following screenshots. When I use Doesnot contain Unspecified, then it filtered out the unspecified from the chart, but still showed in the table.

1322423_pastedImage_0.png

1322424_pastedImage_1.png

Employee Advisor

Okay, I understood my mistake.
You can not do this by filter. You will need to create a segment.

Level 6

Actually I think we should as adobe to enhance and support this feature. Correct?

Level 6

Thanks. It worked. Then I noticed one thing. It filtered out the null values. But the % value didn't re-calculate. Is there a way to show the re-calculated %?

Level 5

Hello  - Filtering won't re-calculate, you have to use segment for re-calculation to apply.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.