Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

How to change your forum screen name

Employee Advisor

After checking some of our most-searched terms here, I thought I'd make a thread that walks you through how you can change your forum screen name.

1. Click here: accounts.adobe.com - Manage your profile
  2. Under 'Name for Adobe Community forums', change your screen name to what you'd like to be seen as
  3. Click 'Save' in the lower right

And you're done! I know it's weird that you don't change your forum screen name on the forums itself, but once you have the link, it's a piece of cake. Let me know if you run into any issues or if following the above steps don't work for you!

7 Replies

Level 1

I did this - guess im testing if i show up as JumpySpider or Tenzer57

edit: looks like they post my name instead of either of those options. cool?

Employee Advisor

For you and moderators, it's your full name. For everyone else, its your screen name. If you log out, you should see your screen name.

Level 1

I wish there was an option to see my own screen name "as everyone" when viewing threads; maybe a "moderators only" in the privacy preferences drop-down menu of who sees the names. I'm working from a company account, and my employer wouldn't appreciate my using the company name as a forum screen name. I about had a heart attack when I posted my first comment until I thought to check it from a browser where I wasn't logged in.

Level 1

Me too. Adobe, please fix this - it doesn't exactly inspire trust, even when we are assured it's okay ....