Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

How can I track Facebook Promoted Post for Unique Visitors

Former Community Member

Hi,

I was informed by Facebook i could add the tracking parameter into the ad. Whilst Facebook was able to count website clicks, no data came through to Omniture and I can't see Unique Visitors.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Thanks and best wishes,

Christina

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi Christina,

Are you using Adobe Analytics or Adobe Social?

Thank you,

Tacia

Former Community Member

Hi Tacia,

I think it's Adobe Analytics.

The issue is the following:

1. Editorial publish posts to social platforms through a tool called socialflow, when they do, it automatically appends a socialflow tracking code to the end of the url.
  2. We will pick up some of these posts and will put money behind it to promote the post. At this point, what we’d like to happen is to have an updated tracking code to the url so that we can identify it as Paid activity. Unfortunately, there were issues overriding the URL in the original post with an updated URL including the Marketing tracking code.

If you have any ideas what could have caused this and what we could do to fix it that would be great.

Thanks you,

Christina

Level 9

Hi Christina,

Thanks for clarifying. I have moved this post over to the Adobe Analytics community for a faster resolution.

-Tacia

Former Community Member

Hi, 

just wondered if anyone came across this issue before or knows of an omniture help section, which helps clarifying those steps?

Thanks and best wishes,

Christina

Level 10

Hi Christina,

Could you please tell me if you have Adobe Analytics implementation through DTM or Javascript? That would help in answering the question better.

Thanks!

Tanmay