Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

How can I add a list of countries to a segment?

Level 3

Right now it appears that I have to add them one by one, each into their own filter.

Is there a way to paste a list? Seems crazy to add DOZENS of countries to report by "theater" (i.e. AMER, EMEA, APAC). Or is there another way to do this reporting?

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Which product or interface are you creating the segment in?

Thanks,

Jantzen

Level 3

Adobe Analytics -- under workspace I've added a segment and trying to edit it -- is there a better place to do segment building?

Level 10

I'll move this to the Analytics community to ensure we get the Analytics folks taking a look.

Level 2

Hi,

Is there any update or follow up on this? This is a roadblock for me too.

Thanks,

Jeanne

Community Advisor

would you mind sharing a picture what exactly you try to do? within segments you could add the condition "country" with "contains any of" and a list of your countries. but having more information would help to answer your question...

Level 2

The thing with the Countries dimension is there are only Standard filters which don't include "contains any of"

See below:

Countries Segment.png

Community Advisor

oh, standard dimension...

did you check if you can classify it?

Level 2

Unfortunately, we can't. This is another forum too haha. Enable SAINT classification on Geo Segmentation Countries 

Jantzen.Belliston​ , do you have any updates on the request to allow for the "contains any of" filter for the "Countries" dimension? This is in segment building (see my photo above)

Employee Advisor

I'm afraid there are no updates to that capability at this time. The main idea thread is located here:

Browsers, and other out-of-the-box reports, should have the capability of being classified

There are a couple duplicates hanging around, so I'll point them to this idea.

Community Advisor

since i don't know anything about your current data and what segments you want to make, it's just "best guess". as far as i understand you want to add a country to a list of items (theater), right? maybe classifications? see here:

Classifications