Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Filter on selected dimension

Level 1

It would be really neat to be able to filter the results based on the dimension selected so that all other values are removed from the display. e.g. Drag Referring Domain to the workspace. If you just want to breakdown the google.com value then add a filter so all others are removed. Cleans up the workspace.

3 Replies

Employee

There are a couple of ways to do this.

At the top of each level of breakdown (including the top level) there is a filter icon when you mouse over.

[img]Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 10.38.12 AM.png[/img]

The other way is when you see a dimension on the left rail you can click on it and it will give you a list of values and you can drag over individual values as breakdowns, instead of the whole dimension.

[img]Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 10.38.27 AM.png[/img]

[img]Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 10.38.40 AM.png[/img]

Level 1

Thanks. Hadn't noticed the filter toggle on mouse over but that is exactly what i was looking for.

Is there a way of turning it off after you have filtered the results without deleting the dimension. e.g. just clicking on the funnel to toggle it off would be great.

Also seems a little problematic and returns zero results quite often.

Level 1

think i answered my own question here. simply clearing the value and apply resets the search. The problematic search tends to be referring domain. Others working fine.