Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Feature request: Use multiple report suites in one Freeform Analysis Project

Level 2

It would be very useful to set different report suites for each Freeform Analysis module, that way you could have a project that quickly summarized key metrics across multiple report suites. While this is similar to dashboard functionality, it would be much more useful in Freeform Analysis because it's dynamic and quick.

14 Replies

Level 6

Thumbs up that we want multiple report suites!

Employee

Hi Michael, 

Great feedback. I've heard this from a couple of other users as well. I will definitely bring it up with our engineering team. 

Thanks,

Ben

Level 8

And another "thumbs up" from here. To add stats from different report suites to the same workspace is much needed.

Level 1

Agree: quite limiting not to be able to do this

Employee

All, 

In the interest of keeping you apprised of our plans, this feature probably will not be part of our production release later this year. That doesn't mean we won't add it later -- it's a very good idea and clearly several of you want to have it -- but there are a number of other features that we believe are more central to allowing users to begin relying on Analysis Workspace as their primary analysis environment. 

I think I can envision a number of use cases for having multiple report suites as part of the same project, but it would be helpful to hear why this is so important. Another way to put it is that you currently cannot mix report suites in Ad Hoc Analysis projects, either. Does that limit the value you perceive in Ad Hoc Analysis? 

Thanks, 

Ben

Level 1

Thanks for the prompt reply Ben

Agree it's not currently in Ad Hoc Analysis, which results in us downloading to CSV>Excel more often than we'd like.

We'd like an easier way of comparing behaviour across some of our different experiences, set up as report suites (app v web). Does that make sense?

Employee

App versus web makes a ton of sense. 

I hope the time will come that you will be able to put both in the same report suite, but we've got a way to go before we get there. 

Level 8

Well, now I thought this more and realized that maybe this isn't so important feature after all (at least to me). Agree, there are many more features that we need more. ;)

We live and breathe with dashboards (scheduled pdf reports rockin all the time) and that's why I'm so happy about the new tool, in my mind these dashboards are going to replace the old dashboards in the future, right? (I mean we can replace if we want to) Data is all I need, but it is always nice to give some nice looking reports and to be honest some of the graphics etc aren't very 2015 in the old interface. Of course the tool itself is so great that surely its number one job is the ability to make ad hoc analysis with the speed of light etc. Sorry, that went little offtopic.

You asked why this feature is so important. There is a simple reason at least for me. There are different stakeholders (e.g. finance) that only want to know few KPI metrics from different sites (=report suites) and it would be great to make only one scheduled dashboard to them. I can do this from the dashboards we currently have so that's why this isn't so important feature at the moment for this new tool.

True, we can't mix report suites in Ad Hoc Analysis and that's why I (and everyone?) is using that tool for more complex analysis that aren't easy or possible to do in "reports and analytics". I mean in Ad Hoc Analysis you can pretty much use only one stat/tab at same time -> You could only schedule one stat per pdf report and that's why that isn't real "dashboard" with many stats included and that's why that tool isn't even designed to be a dashboard tool and it is just fine. (ziih, hope I'm right about this feature)

Ben, nice to see that you are very active in here and are listening customers too. Analysis Workspace is going to be awesome tool!

Level 1

Any updated on when this feature will become available?

Level 1

Would love this feature as well. Any updates?

Level 2

Hey there, where are we with this? I'd like to create dashboards using Workspace only, but not being able to mix different reporting suites is a really big issue in getting to do that. Here's a sample use case: assume we have different websites both in their individual suites as well as all going into one global suite. When I want to include participation metrics from one site to another, I need to look at the global suite. Some other metrics I want to include, however, are affected by the reporting suite since visit scope will differ, such as Bounces, Time Spent, etc. So yes, huge drawback. It'd be great to be able to set suites per Panel, similar to regular dashboarding capability. Thanks!

Level 1

Hey,

I was creating reports for my websites in different markets. Now i wanted to pull data from different markets in one report. Unfortunately, I cannot select different report suite in the same report with similar metrics. Would be great if this functionality is added as it would save us from creating individual reports with same metrics.

Employee Advisor

Thanks everyone for your feedback on this so far!

The thread here appears to be migrated from our old forums, which didn't support the 'idea' thread type. Now that our current platform does, I would recommend voting on this idea: Multiple Report Suites in one Workspace project

Thanks!