Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Feature request: share workspace project 'template'

Level 2

Hi,

Currently it is not possible to share a project with a user that doesn't have access to the same report suite in which the project was built. Therefore it would be really helpful to share a project ('template' so to speak) such that other users can at least copy this and bind it to their own report suite where they have access to.

Guy

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Guy,

Welcome to the Analytics Community!

I think that is currently possible. If you go into the 'Manage Projects' section and check the project that you want to share, you will see a 'Share' option on the top provided you are the owner for that project. In the share dropdown you will see options for 'All organization' , 'Groups' and Individual users coming up. You can select the user that you want to share with. 

Once the user has received the shared project he can go ahead and create a copy of it and apply a new report suite. 

Let me know if that works at your end.

Tanmay

Level 2

Hi Tanmay, 

Thanks for your reply. It does not work at my end. The point where the user (who received the shared project) wants to create a copy (through 'manage project') it gets an error. I also discussed this issue with Adobe support and they say "..currently is working as design.." and I should share my idea for product management team. I also attached a screenshot of the error once the users tries to copy the shared project. 

Guy

Employee Advisor

Hi Guy,

That's 100% a permissions issue. You will want to grant the user the correct permissions by adding the user to the correct permission group. You can edit a custom group by going to Admin > User Management > Groups.

Level 2

Hi Gigazelle, 

Yes, I was aware this is a permission issue. This is why I asked a feature request.

Suppose, there are 5 users (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5). And user 1 has access to all report suites (A,B,C,D) and User 2, 3, 4, and 5 only have access to respectively report suite A,B,C,D. This is necessary because I don't want that user 2 can access report suite C which belongs to user 3. 

If user 1 makes a project in report suite A and shares this with user 5, user 5 is not able to copy or open this project since user 5 only has access to report suite D (therefore the error). So, I can only share this with user 2 because this user does have access to report suite A.

The feature request is that user 1 is able to share his project template to user 2, 3, 4, 5 so that they copy it and use if for their own report suite. Basically, the same as the current 'starter projects' (media, mobile, retail, and web) where I can use these projects as a template and apply it to whatever report suite I like.