Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Facebook/iOS referrer info

Level 5

Most of you will be aware of 'Dark Social' and the article written by Ben Gains a few years ago https://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/shedding-light-dark-social-adobe-analytics/

'Dark Social' is on the rise again more specifically Facebook inApp referrals on iOS devices. I started the investigation having noted PVs/Visitor for referrer type: typed/bookmarked (no referrer) in significant decline from around the start of September.

1331866_pastedImage_1.png

As we're measuring Facebook app traffic using method detailed in Ben's blog I was able to run the following which shows Facebook App no. of unique visitors trended over time for referrals from social and typed/bookmarked.

1332011_pastedImage_2.png

The above highlights the aggregate no. of uniques have remained around the same, however there's been a shift in no. of uniques being associated with each referrer type.

I've not yet come across any information which details the change, but am sure some will find the above useful/informative.

0 Replies