Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Extract same analytics data for multiple report suite IDs

Level 1

Hi Team, We use Adobe Analytics (Omniture) to track the traffic hundreds of our websites. There is a need to extract the following parameters to 250 Report Sites in excel format. This excel will be used to derive further insights for a given business unit. Im a non technical resource and cannot write programs to get the data using APIs. Is there any easier way to download bulk data in excel format.

City Visits   
Source of Visit   
Most Used Devices   
Crrent vs Previous month visits   
New Vs Repeat users   
Most viewed pages and count    
Bounce rate

Thanks

Pavan

City   VisitsSource of VisitMost Used DevicesVurrent vs Previous month visitsNew Vs Repeat usersMost view pages (top three) and   countBounce rate
3 Replies

Level 4

Hi pavans16530733

API makes it easy where in you can use a dynamic variable for report suite. If you don't want to go for API approach, you can try using Report builder excel add-in.

- Create a request with required dimensions/metrics

- Copy the request and edit the report suite for it.

Here are some helpful articles:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/arb/t_create_a_data_request.html

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/arb/copy_requests.html

Hi kanikas19907318, Thanks for quick reply. I will explore Report builder excel add-in. However will you be able to give me some guidance/inputs on API approach as it will enable me defend the technical team's effort quote of 4 to 5 weeks.

Inputs from you may incldue

1) API method to use - Exact URL(s) of the adobe analytics API will be useful

2) Is there any Adobe playground to check API output ?

3) Any preferred programming language or easier Open source option

4)Any other inputs to take to the techncial team and defend 5 weeks of effort for such a small/medium activity

Thanks

Pavan

Employee Advisor

Here are our API docs so you can pull data: GitHub - AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis: Documentation for the Adobe Analytics 2.0 APIs

You probably wouldn't be able to pull all that data in a single request per report suite, since most of them are ranked reports. In fact, I'm pretty sure all of them include dimensions except for bounce rate. This means you'll likely be pulling 7 reports per report suite.

Kanika is spot on regarding the tools you should use - Report Builder or the API is definitely going to be your best bet.

How do you want the data organized? You have report suite, 6 dimensions, and 1 metric (bounce rate). With bounce rate, it wouldn't be too hard to list all 250 report suites, then display site-wide bounce rate next to it. But with the other 6 dimensions, how do you want that to look? How many line items per dimension do you want displayed?