Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Evaluate Adobe Analytics Implementation

Level 2

Has anyone ever worked with Adobe to have them evaluate or perform an audit of their Adobe Analytics implementation?  I am curious if such a thing is possible and what the results were as well as what recommendations came of it that you can share at a high level. Thanks.

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi @JohnRog 

This could be done by engaging your solution consultant or MSA via your CSM at Adobe. You could also engage third party companies.

The outputs of these assessments are typically in a report with some high-level headings. It would serve you best to identify the objectives of your audit - for instance, do you have a lot of custom code and would like a code review for efficiencies? Is it the first time around for your team and you're looking for a best practices recommendation from an Adobe or Third party perspective?

Some examples could include:

• Coverage of your tagging
  • Accuracy of your data
  • Best practices alignment for each solution used
  • Code review on custom code
  • Performance impact
  • Misfiring/duplicate tags
  • Library versions/upgrade recommendations
  • etc...

Most third party companies use tools like ObservePoint to scan your implementation and make recommendations. Adobe does have the Auditor feature (which is basically ObservePoint Lite) so you could try to start there before engaging on a larger scale.

Level 2
Thanks for replying... We actually have a tool on the way that will achieve most of the above. My concern is whether or not we have done the implementation/setup in a manner that maximizes getting the most out of the tool. I want to know if our "Out-of-The-Box" set up would grade well.

Level 4
That is an absolutely fair statement. Tools have costs and it's important to ensure we're getting the most value out of them. That being said, personally, before onboarding any product, I prefer to get a capabilities walkthrough (essentially the sales demo which demonstrates all the capabilities of the platform or feature). We can then assess our plan to see if we're actually leveraging all the features which matter to our business. That is also an important distinction as well, the AA platform may have 100 features, but perhaps only 30 or so are relevant to your business (from a value prop perspective).

Level 1

I think we all always have the same question, have we configured and implemented Adobe Analytics in the right way?
Just in this project (https://www.woodasunglasses.com/) I do not have such implementation, but in many others I have worked on yes and there was always the same doubt in the team.
I'm sure it is very well implemented and there is always something new to learn.

Best regards

-------------

Diego Méndez

Ecommerce Manager

Wood Sunglasses

Level 1

Adobe do offer a technical audit service for a small fee

Level 2

Just as an FYI, we are currently working closely with Adobe. They are reviewing our install of Adobe Analytics and will be letting us know where we can improve.  Thanks to all who responded to my original question.  Best Regards!