Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Entries of specific Dimension from Flowchart into a Segment?

Level 5

Does anyone know how to get the entries for a specific dimension (red highlighted) into a freeform by using segments of other workarounds? so that I am able to get the total amounts in my end reporting together?

Unbenannt.png

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

You could try any one of these segments

• Hits where page = X and hit depth = 1
  • Include hits where page = x, Exclude hits where previous page exists

Level 5

I tried the first one but it doesnt return the value which comes from the flowchart. it is around 83 less than coming from the flow chart plus the second segment I didnt know how to create because the previuos page doesnt exist in workspace.

Community Advisor

as far as i understand you‘re looking for visits (or visitors??) who had the “Transaktionstyp (P48)“ with a specific value for the first time. do you only want those hits or the whole visits/visitors-segment?

or do you want a table where you can recalc the whole flow, means the total value of P48 broken down by „last P48“?

maybe you can give some more information what exactly are you looking for ... best would be with numbers to clarify...

Level 5

For example I am looking at a specific prop which includes a specific transaction type. Within the flow chart I have created I have set this combination as startingpoint on visit level.

I see around 216 entries, 2.5k path views and 80 exits on that combination.

I would get to see the 216 entries which are highlighted in my screenshot within a table but so far I was not possible to get this information somehow with a segment. I created the segment like mentioned from Gigazelle but it returns less around 83.

Do you have any Idea how to create a segment or any other way around to get the values of exits and entries for that combination?

Community Advisor

ok, i tried it on my data but i'm not sure if it works (even if got the exact same numbers between flow visualization and table.

HIT-Segment

{ "Entry Transaktionstyp P48" equals "your-dimension" AND "Hit depth" equals "1"}

if you now apply this segment to a table with occurrences, i received the "entry" value from the flow chart.

but i'm not sure because i tested with a prop which is set on most pages ...

Level 5

I have tested this as well before but I dont get the value back. When using in the freeform table the entry dimension I get 178 and when using the regular dimension I get over 2k.

But note I am using the dimension as starting point and pages as previous dimension.

When using it regular it returns the right values but not in this use case. But what I dont understand. When looking at the entry dimension it returns the value of the visits and entries at all and when looking at the regular prop with this segment I get only 178.

How does the entry prop gets calculated or set?

Employee Advisor

Entry prop is calculated when it first encounters a value, and is the same value for every hit of a visit. It is technically a visit-based dimension, and even has its own backend column for each variable.

Employee Advisor

Hi Julia, were you able to get your flow reporting needs met?