Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Difference between Chrome Mobile and Google Chrome in analytics

Level 1

Hello,

We are actively troubleshooting a site that isn't appearing in 'Google Chrome' on iPhone per the user.    I wanted to understand how may users were accessing the site with their iphone and google chrome.   When the results presented there are two different types of entry for chrome.

Chrome Mobile (versions 47-62)  which is the more prominent in the results and Google Chrome 62.   Can someone help me understand the difference between these two entries.    

Chrome Mobile 55.0.2883
Chrome Mobile 56.0.2924
Chrome Mobile 47.0.2526
Chrome Mobile 54.0.2840
Firefox 9.2
Safari (unknown version)
Firefox 8.2
Firefox 9.1
Firefox 9.0
Mobile Safari 6.0
Google Chrome 62.0

We did notice on iphone,   if you access the site via the Google Chrome browser;   it does not work.    If you access the site through the Google App,  it works.

Any information or thoughts would be helpful

Thank you

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you help me understand your issue a bit more clearly? Is the issue that your implementation breaks while on Chrome mobile, while it works fine on the desktop?

Level 1

Thank you for a response.

Yes, we are troubleshooting for Chrome on mobile,  works fine on desktop.  

The question of what is the difference between the 2 Chrome browsers listed above in the Analytics for iphone.  

1.  Google App - Site Works

2.  Google Chrome App for iPhone - Doesn't Work

On the Analytics - Is Chrome Mobile coming from the Google App and Google Chrome  from the Installed iphone Browser App?

Thank you

Employee Advisor

I see. Well, this might be a difficult question to answer, since it seems to be specific to your implementation.

Are you able to see any JS errors while browsing via mobile? I think the key to your answer is going to be to be debugging your implementation while using Chrome Mobile.

Community Advisor

Hello,

The below versions are for Mobile (Chome Mobile Versions):

Chrome Mobile 55.0.2883

Chrome Mobile 56.0.2924

Chrome Mobile 47.0.2526

Chrome Mobile 54.0.2840

And the below versions are for desktop (Chrome Desktop Versions):

Google Chrome 62.0

Google Chrome 61.0

Google Chrome 60.0

You should never see Chrome Desktop Versions under Mobile iOS. If you are, then you are co-relating the dimensions incorrectly.

First get into Mobile Device Type, under Mobile Phone, break it down by Operating System Types, under iOS, break it down by Browsers. Now you will be not see Chrome Desktop Versions since your co-relations are specific to Mobile-iOS-Browsers.

To debug Chrome Mobile Versions, gather the details related to the Broswer version to proceed.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 1

Thank you all for your reply and assistance    We discovered in the analytics that Chrome Browser will display under mobile segmentation in some cases when utilizing emulators via Chrome.

I have noted in our analytics there is a 62 release for Mobile Chrome Browser. 

1. Chrome Mobile 62.0.3202

2. Chrome Mobile 61.0.3163

3. Chrome Mobile 59.0.3071

4. Chrome Mobile 60.0.3112

5. Chrome Mobile 55.0.2883

6. Chrome Mobile 58.0.3029

Level 4

Hello @pratheep - I'm having a similar issue in which I'm unable to enter a test activity via Chrome Mobile (60+) using a Samsung Galaxy.

I've added a Mobile rule specifying the device type (Mobile) OS matches (Android), with an AND condition for a Browser rule equal to Chrome.

According to your comment, selecting Mobile device with a Browser Type rule, defines the browser as the mobile version? However, the above conditions don't qualify for entry.

First get into Mobile Device Type, under Mobile Phone, break it down by Operating System Types, under iOS, break it down by Browsers. Now you will be not see Chrome Desktop Versions since your co-relations are specific to Mobile-iOS-Browsers.