Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Date Range Selection

Level 2

The selection of the start and End Date are not very used friendly, maybe the classic date selection from analytics can be used.
Nice tools

6 Replies

Level 1

And like in adhoc analysis it would be great if I could either chose the date range for each panel or the whole project all together. The second at least I can't find.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Schwarz

Employee

Hi Jonathan, 

This is something we've spent quite a while discussing, and probably will continue to consider. For now, all date range changes occur at the panel/tool level, but I can definitely see why you'd also want it at the project level. 

Thanks, 

Ben

Level 1

+1 to Jonathan's comment. I too would also find it helpful to be able to update project dates across the board vs. trying to do it for every panel.

Employee

Good feedback, Daniel. Personally, I agree. We'll see what we can do over the course of this beta! 

Level 1

I second Daniel's comments. I really like the analysis workspace functionality but I find it has some usability issues. Comments thus far:

1. The date selection is confusing. How to I select a specific date from the past?

2. Sometimes its a little confusing where to drag columns: Example report:

Today : Hourly : Pages Not Found : Pageviews.

I drag Today, Hourly on the left and Pageviews on the top right. Now to view the pages not found, I must add this dimension to every hour. Once I was able to drag it to some place and it repeted this for each hour, but I can't find it and its not intuitive.

Thanks,

Julius

Employee

Great comments, Julius. 

1. For date selection, you aren't limited to just the draggable options. There's also a calendar for choosing a specific date in the past. (I agree with Daniel that the calendar could/should be improved, but it's there!)

2. I see what you mean about this workflow being a little bit . . . off. I think this should be addressed when we add the "table builder" to the tool, which will let you easily arrange and re-arrange dimensions, segments, and metrics before running the query (similar to what is in Ad Hoc Analysis today). But it's a good point; in the current version you need to add things in the right order sometimes.

I can't stress enough that this is beta, and we'll be adding significant new features every couple of months. We'll get these taken care of!