Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create Segment for X+ article views per visitor, per month

Level 2

I have been trying to create a segment for our site where we can see the number of users who have view 2+ articles, 5+ article and 10+ articles per month, but I can't get it working as expected.

First, to understand our data:

1. I have a custom metric tracking on article views (which I'm using in the segment)

2. I have a prop tracking the user id (using this for validation)

3. I have another prop tracking the article id (also using this for validation)

I created a segment that is set to Visitor Level, then said "article views" metric is greater than or equal to 2.

When I use this in my workspace, for "last month" and drill down into the data, and I use my visitor id and article id props, I can see that I have users that only have 1 article view in the selected month.

It appears that the segment is looking at all time values for the user (2+) and then showing me a list of those users that visited the site in my selected month....

As in, the segment is applied first (getting me a subset of users who have ever read 2 or more articles), then the date selection is applied after (shows me the users from the first subset that read an article within the selected date). So I get a lot of users where the custom metric shows 1 in my report.

As it stands, the data isn't returning what I need, as right now, the lifetime article views isn't important to me, I need to see X+ within the selected month.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

5 Replies