Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Create a solution design document

Employee Advisor

This page has moved to our doc platform! See it here: Create a solution design document

2 Replies

Level 8

I'm obsessed about SDR, because I have seen what happens if nothing is documented. Big thank you for these tips and links.

It is hard to do/find 100% perfect tool/excel for SDR, but to me the real work is to find right kind of process where everyone has 100% commitment for updating SDR. It's not easy on a big organisation and/or when you have multiple people working around tags and especially in the era of TMS where you can so easily populate new variables to the site and documentation is so easily forgetten.

Sometimes I hear comments as "you can always use debugger on the page and see what is populated to Analytics", but that is just wrong way to think. Debugger tells what variables are populated on the page/action, but it doesn't tell what was designed by analyst to happen. There might be errors, missing variables or coder has made a mistake or whatever and that's why SDR document is the single source of truth.

I have some new ideas and comments around this topic, maybe I should update my blog post about SDR or as I call it "Tagging Map".

Level 4

Yes, it's only chaos without an SDR or at minimum a reference guide of some sort.

I'm the founder/architect over at www.rawsoft.com - a boutique digital analytics shop. We help our clients implement, maintain and analyze their Adobe Analytics implementations. Since that is all that we do everyday, all year long - we can't stress enough the need for an SDR and we decided to do something about it. About a couple of years ago we built a tool in-house to help us manage all the necessary details about the implementations that we do including an SDR.

The tool has been a life changer for us and our client and all parties involved, it has saved us countless number of hours simplified our process about 60%+. As time goes by we noticed the issue still exist across the community, therefore, we decided to provide our internal tool to the public to use so we can all improve our implementations and create a zen.

We are currently shifting things around a bit and cleaning up a few things - getting it ready for public use. Please sign up here and fill out the form and we will create an account for you in exchange for feedback as we need beta testers.