Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Create a project with no specific report suite

Level 4

In our organisation we want to create generic workspace projects, where there is no specific report suite attached.

For example, so that department A could open the project and see their website data loaded, whereas department B could open the same project, but be presented with their (virtual )report suite data.

Or another use case; I want to look through several projects, but I want to stay on the same report suite across all projects, regardless of what report suite the project was saved with. So that I do not have to change the report suite back to what wanted/expected to see, every time I come across a project, where there was a different report suite saved.

Is this possible, or is this more of an idea?

4 Replies

Level 5

Hi Cgullestrup,

Best practice is to create the two "Custom Workspace" with same dimension and metrics required where you can named as Workspace for Default Suite share the workspace to the public (I mean the user's inside the organization) where every body can use your default workspace and select the reports suites accordingly to their LOB's. However, there must be one more Workspace named Workspace for XYZ suite. This could be your specific report suite where "None" of them access your workspace or you can verbally restricted the user.

There must be possible to share your workspace by Individually or entire group. Check out the link below it might help to start.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/analysis-workspace/curate.html

Thanks,

Vijay

Level 4

Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately it only solves part of my problem.

If I as a user want to look through several workspace projects, then it is rather disruptive to the workflow if the report suite changes from project to project.

Fx example I am looking at 'project 1' with 'report suite 1', but then I want to look at 'project 2', and expecting the report suite to stay at 'report suite 1', but because the project is saved with 'report suite 2', then this loads instead of 'report suite 1'.

How can this be solved, or is the feature simply not available yet?

Thanks!

Intersting Cgullestrup,

Lets wait for others view.

Thanks,

Vijay

Employee Advisor

If templates aren't accomplishing what you're looking for (which they might!), then yeah I would consider this something worth create an idea thread on.