Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Classifying unspecified values

Level 1

I've come to find the forums far more helpful than the documentation so here's another question!

I have a report for an evar "login_status" which is working except for some unspecified values when (I think) a user or visit contains both login_status. Example: Someone begins a visit with "not logged in" and during the session the value becomes "logged in" which throws analytics off, expectedly. What I want to do is use classification to classify the unspecified as "logged in". I've tried creating a conversion classification, shown here:

1580722_pastedImage_0.png

and I've tried using the export/import method, but it says the rows had no effect:

1580753_pastedImage_1.png

Here's the text from the file:

## SC SiteCatalyst SAINT Import File v:2.1

## SC '## SC' indicates a SiteCatalyst pre-process header. Please do not remove these lines.

## SC D:2018-09-26 09:02:06 A:100064229:119

Key logged in not logged in

~none~ logged in

unspecified logged in

Unspecified logged in

~unspecified~ logged in

~Unspecified~ logged in

Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

~none~ should be the value to classify.

Rename the None classification key

I'd recommend checking 'Overwrite data on conflicts', since it might be treating the none value as already having a classification value.

Community Advisor

why do you have two classification for the same? I would use just one "login status modified" (as classification) and set the values to "not logged in" or "logged in".

and then set the key as written by Gigazelle

Level 1

Hi Gigazelle

Thanks for your reply! As you can see in my original post, I already classified ~none~ as logged in but it had no effect. Here is a screenshot of the page after I import the classification file above

1592859_pastedImage_0.png

urs.boller​ I have multiple classifications for logged in because I want to catch all and classify anything other than "not logged in" as "logged in".

Employee Advisor

Hi John,

Were you able to get the Unspecified value classified? Let us know!