Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Classification Rule Builder Capability

Level 2

Hi,

I am currently trying to identify two things in a single rule in the rule builder. Is it possible to have a condition, such as contains "a" AND "b=1", or contains 'a' OR 'b' in a single rule? Right now I am only aware we can do contains "..." but not more so the rule cannot be too specific. If I want to classify that it contains a string under a certain condition, is it possible to do that? It's like translating a segment into a rule...is that possible?

Thank you!

4 Replies

Community Advisor

you can use regex: Regular Expressions in Classification Rules

if you provide more information about the original text steing and what you search for, we can help building the regex pattern.

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I do not see an a AND b option...is such a thing possible?

Thanks!

Level 2

I want to specify a rule that says contains "a" AND at the same time contains "b" to make the rule true...

Community Advisor

can you send an example of the original string and the text "a" and "b" you are looking at?

it is something like "a.*b" but heavely depends what the strings are!