Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Classification Importer FTP Site Times Out (On a small file)

Level 1

Hi there, I'm trying to upload a relatively small file (10mb, but split into 1mb chunks to test).

- Browser Import says the file is too large of course, but if I upload 20 rows, I can confirm the format is right and the upload succeeds.

- I created a Classifications Import FTP Account using the instructions

- But when I use that, it times out. I get different errors in diff ftp clients, but usually a variation of `ftp.omniture.com` took too long to respond.  Or I can login but the file import hangs.

Any advice?  It's just not practical to do it 100 rows at a time in the browser.

2 Replies

Level 2

@andrewgrosso10 When you say that the file import hangs than does it mean that both the main file and it's .fin file is still present in the FTP folder ? Can you once try placing a file manually on that FTP folder using a tool like Filezilla ? If you are unable to see even the root directory than this means that you r unable to connect to the FTP server and than you can try by changing the network connection or disconnect the VPN (if any). 

Level 2

I can think of three points

1. There is a VPN which might be interrupting the connection and eventually leading to error

2. The Classification which is set, is not in the same sequence

3. Try with creating a new / different FTP