Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bulk upload IP addresses to whitelist

Level 1

I recently found out that to be able to connect PowerBI to Adobe, their IP addresses need to be whitelisted. They have a list of ~3700 IP addresses. Is there a way to bulk upload IP addresses for white-listing?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello,

Yes. There is an option to upload Bulk IP Addresses for White-Listing.

Go through the link : Upload bot rules

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

I'm not sure I understand the concept of whitelisting for Adobe as the connection from PowerBI connects directly to the Adobe API using oAuth2 as the authentication method which you provided and the API is specifically built to let outside resources pull data. Bot rules do not apply here because you are reading data not writing data.

Could you provide a bit more details, are you able to pass the login screen and login with oAuth2? What happens after, do you get an error message?

Level 1

I've been trying to connect PowerBI and Adobe for over 4 months now. Here is the error message I get when connecting the 2 services. I was initially told that some conditions need to be met in order to connect them and I have ensured that the following conditions are met:

1. User has API access
  2. User has Adobe Marketing Cloud account
  3. Username matches for both Adobe and PowerBI

We recently found out that another company was facing the same issue and was able to resolve it by whitelisting the IP addresses since Adobe requires whitelisting IP addresses in order to grant access. Unfortunately, the list of IPs from Microsoft consists of ~3700 IP address and manually typing them all in is not the best option I feel. I am reaching out to the community here to see if someone knows of a way to bulk upload IPs for whitelisting via the Report and Analytics> Admin> Company Settings> Security Manager> Enforce IP Login Restrictions.

Error message.png

Level 4

Interesting, not sure why you were told that but by default Adobe doesn't restrict connections except if you explicitly go in there and check the box then you will need to add ip's. Doing that for a 3rd party vendor like Microsoft will be quite a daunting task so I definitely wouldn't recommend that.

Do you have the "Enforce IP Login Restrictions" box checked?