Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Analytics Requirements Gathering: implementation and dashboard - together or separate?

Level 1

Greetings Adobe Community:

Our business requirements gathering meetings for analytics implementation and dashboard creation have always been separate. We may potentially combine them to include the dashboard analyst at new feature implimentaion meetings. The benefit, I’m told, is that the they want to know the full history and context of each feature/requirement.

Do any teams do this? What are the benefits? Issues? Pros/cons?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply

Community Advisor

What you're doing -- separating implementation and dashboard (or reporting) -- is actually unusual, at least to me. Normally, it would make more sense for both to be done together. You can't report what you don't implement, and you can't implement what has not been identified to be reported on.

So to answer you question, I'd say that all teams do both together rather than separately.