Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Adobe Summit 2021, Analytics Sessions | S304, S305, S306 - Customer Journey Analytics

Level 10

summit21_ExL_community_solutions_banner.jpg

Session Details

S304 - Customer Journey Analytics I: Getting Started Connecting Datasets
Welcome to the first installment of our Customer Journey Analytics trilogy. Our story begins with a problem that many analysts face today: too many data sources with too few connections. Discover how Customer Journey Analytics and Adobe...

S305 - Customer Journey Analytics II: Interactive Omnichannel Analysis

Our adventure continues in our second installment of our Customer Journey Analytics trilogy. Take your skills to the next level and understand your customer in a more personal way. Learn how to leverage Customer Journey Analytics to combine...

S306 - Customer Journey Analytics III: Advanced Tips & Tricks

Join us for the final installment of our Customer Journey Analytics trilogy where we conquer the final bad guy—lack of customer knowledge in your organization—by showing you how to derive deeper and more impactful learnings from your...

Session Schedule

S304 - Tuesday, Apr 27 | 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM MDT

S305 - Tuesday, Apr 27 | 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM MDT

S306 - Tuesday, Apr 27 | 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM MDT

Speaker(s)

S304Nils Engel, Adobe | @NilsEngel 

S305Jordan Ison, Adobe | @Jison 

S306Ben Gaines, Director, Product Management, Adobe | @BenjaminGaines 

Trevor Paulsen, Principal Product Manager, Adobe | @trevorpaulsen 

Full Schedule

Check Here

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the question related to these sessions.

Don't forget to register yourself for these sessions @ Adobe Summit 2021

10 Replies

Level 9

I'm really excited about this series, I'd love to see more of what CJA can do. A lot of the questions in the chat of the first session are about this vs Adobe Analytics vs Experience Platform, and I'll admit I've really struggled to sort that out for myself in the last year or so. The documentation is great for folks who have the tools (and seems to assume that everyone has all of platform), but for those trying to figure out what they have or what they should purchase, it's hard to make sense of the giant messy venn diagram of brands and functionality between these three tools. Here's some of where I'm still not very confident in my understanding as someone who's only worked with Analytics (and is about to show a lot of ignorance):
How much can CJA do for me if I don't have Platform (well, AEP-the-CDP, as opposed to AEP-the-brand-that's-on-everything-now)? If I have CJA and AA, but not AEP-the-CDP.... would CJA only show me my analytics data (and if so, what more can it do for me that AA workspace can't)... or can CJA work with all those different data sets even if I don't have AEP, in which case, why would I want AEP? If I don't have Platform, but am using the web SDK, will CJA show me all that edge data? Does AEP need CJA (or some third-party data viz tool) for data visualization (in other words, does CJA add a data visualization component to AEP)? Does the profile unification/identity mapping stuff ever flow back down to Adobe Analytics? Do I get that profile unification/identity mapping stuff if I have CJA but no AEP?
... you probably get the picture. Is there any documentation that helps clarify where there is overlap, where each tool has something unique, and what capabilities you have depending on which combination of the tools you have?

Employee

@Jennifer_Kunz wrote:

I'm really excited about this series, I'd love to see more of what CJA can do. A lot of the questions in the chat of the first session are about this vs Adobe Analytics vs Experience Platform, and I'll admit I've really struggled to sort that out for myself in the last year or so. The documentation is great for folks who have the tools (and seems to assume that everyone has all of platform), but for those trying to figure out what they have or what they should purchase, it's hard to make sense of the giant messy venn diagram of brands and functionality between these three tools. Here's some of where I'm still not very confident in my understanding as someone who's only worked with Analytics (and is about to show a lot of ignorance):
How much can CJA do for me if I don't have Platform (well, AEP-the-CDP, as opposed to AEP-the-brand-that's-on-everything-now)? If I have CJA and AA, but not AEP-the-CDP.... would CJA only show me my analytics data (and if so, what more can it do for me that AA workspace can't)... or can CJA work with all those different data sets even if I don't have AEP, in which case, why would I want AEP? If I don't have Platform, but am using the web SDK, will CJA show me all that edge data? Does AEP need CJA (or some third-party data viz tool) for data visualization (in other words, does CJA add a data visualization component to AEP)? Does the profile unification/identity mapping stuff ever flow back down to Adobe Analytics? Do I get that profile unification/identity mapping stuff if I have CJA but no AEP?
... you probably get the picture. Is there any documentation that helps clarify where there is overlap, where each tool has something unique, and what capabilities you have depending on which combination of the tools you have?

Hi Jennifer. I feel like this warrants a deeper conversation. It may make sense to reach out to your Account Rep to schedule some time for an overview. At a high level, AEP is the foundation for all of these solutions. It is possible to purchase the full AEP functionality with access to all of these solutions or to purchase just the components that you need. For example. If you only need access to CJA you can purchase just CJA. It comes with the underlying AEP functionality that it needs to function but wouldn't include the AEP functionality that say RT-CDP uses. We work with our clients to understand their needs and then recommend the appropriate components required based on those needs. I hope this is helpful.

Level 9

These are the questions that remain AFTER I've spoken to account reps:) (which, in general, as a consultant, I don't have much access to, though a few have kindly met with me and answered some of my questions and helped me understand the different options for purchasing, just not the nitty gritty of how it all works and what you can do if you aren't purchasing AEP-the-CDP). Most of the Adobe folks I talk to have had a hard time conveying the real boundaries of each tool independent of the paid Platform solution, because all the material from Adobe (including, seemingly, every presentation at summit) either assumes they already are on it, or is trying to sell it to them (though unfortunately, none of my clients have any plans to purchase it in the near future- it's a big purchase and one that usually would rest outside of the analytics team's purview. But CJA, Server-side, and WebSDK/Edge are things they might get).

You're right, this is a bigger discussion than a forum comment, but I was hoping there was something public-facing that helped explain how all these tools which have the AEP brand (like Launch now does) and use AEP technology (like CJA does) work for people who don't have (and aren't getting in the near future) the paid AEP solution. Since everything is now branded "Adobe Experience Platform", and Adobe is so eager to show the (very cool) full capability of the paid AEP tool, sorting out what you can get without paying for the the full AEP-the-CDP is tricky. 

Employee

Thanks for the feedback @Jennifer_Kunz . I will pass it on to our product teams. Separately, I’d love to have a more in-depth conversation on this topic. Can I reach out to you directly to set up some time to talk?

Employee

@Jennifer_Kunz wrote:

These are the questions that remain AFTER I've spoken to account reps:) (which, in general, as a consultant, I don't have much access to, though a few have kindly met with me and answered some of my questions and helped me understand the different options for purchasing, just not the nitty gritty of how it all works and what you can do if you aren't purchasing AEP-the-CDP). Most of the Adobe folks I talk to have had a hard time conveying the real boundaries of each tool independent of the paid Platform solution, because all the material from Adobe (including, seemingly, every presentation at summit) either assumes they already are on it, or is trying to sell it to them (though unfortunately, none of my clients have any plans to purchase it in the near future- it's a big purchase and one that usually would rest outside of the analytics team's purview. But CJA, Server-side, and WebSDK/Edge are things they might get).

You're right, this is a bigger discussion than a forum comment, but I was hoping there was something public-facing that helped explain how all these tools which have the AEP brand (like Launch now does) and use AEP technology (like CJA does) work for people who don't have (and aren't getting in the near future) the paid AEP solution. Since everything is now branded "Adobe Experience Platform", and Adobe is so eager to show the (very cool) full capability of the paid AEP tool, sorting out what you can get without paying for the the full AEP-the-CDP is tricky. 

@Jennifer_Kunz - I'd be happy to sit down in person and talk through it and answer any questions you have if it'd help. I'd also love to hear how we could better create the content that you feel is missing - I think we can (and clearly need to) make that happen.

Level 1

from the CJA session- 305; the example of showing SQL query which is why Adobe CJA is hoping to minimize the time between query-validation-analysis.  Is is possible to see the SQL in the background that a request/table CJA is built from?

Employee

@sarachar wrote:

from the CJA session- 305; the example of showing SQL query which is why Adobe CJA is hoping to minimize the time between query-validation-analysis.  Is is possible to see the SQL in the background that a request/table CJA is built from?

There's a debugger, currently in beta, that will allow you to see the background SQL. It works similar to enabling the debugger in Adobe Analytics, Analysis Workspace, under the Help menu. 

Level 1

Hi, I´m very excited about CJA.

Right now I´m not 100% sure if we really can use full potential.

Anyways, I´m very curious about the Excel Plugin Report Builder for CJA, even for Macs (yeaaah!).

Will it be usable for Adobe Analytics as well? If not, will there be an Update for the Adobe Analytics Report Builder as well (maybe even for Macs?).

Thanks in advance.

Employee

@Linus884 wrote:

Hi, I´m very excited about CJA.

Right now I´m not 100% sure if we really can use full potential.

Anyways, I´m very curious about the Excel Plugin Report Builder for CJA, even for Macs (yeaaah!).

Will it be usable for Adobe Analytics as well? If not, will there be an Update for the Adobe Analytics Report Builder as well (maybe even for Macs?).

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Linus884.

The new Excel Plugin Report Builder is only available for CJA. These new capabilities do not apply to Adobe Analytics.