Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Adobe Summit 2018 S904 - Show Me the Data! Getting Data Out of Adobe Analytics

Level 10

Summit Attendees,

Please use this discussion for a summary of S904 and a place to ask additional questions regarding the session. Be sure to subscribe by leaving a comment below.

S904 - Show Me the Data! Getting Data Out of Adobe Analytics

Matt Kohl - Adobe

Aaron Hadley - Adobe

The Adobe Analytics UI is the industry leader, however, at times one needs access to the underlying data to augment its powerful reporting with other datasets and visualizations. Customers around the globe spend time exporting and building different reports using Adobe Analytics data.  Our Customer Care Experts walk you through the various export capabilities, formats, and pitfalls.

In this session:

• Explanation of common export capabilities, including data feeds, Reporting API, Adobe Report Builder, Data Warehouse, and Live Stream
  • Understand common questions from customers to Customer Care and pitfalls of each export method

Recording:

2 Replies

Level 10

Attendees - Please reply to the post with your questions. We've got several Adobe folks monitoring this thread to answer your questions.

Level 3

At the moment we are trying to use Reporting API for our custom-designed LCD Dashboard in the office.

The issues we have at the moment are:

• Real-Time data is very limited in terms of providing consumable information (i.e. we only have hits, but not something like Active Users/Devices - we cannot do such calculations ourselves, because the API is limited in cardinality - meaning that we have many concurrent unique devices).
  • As we are Analytics Standard client, we cannot use Live Streams and that wouldn't solve this issue either - we would have to introduce pretty complex custom logic to deliver such features.

So what we ended up with is mostly Standard Reporting API data that we run through visualization engine (https://www.amcharts.com/). We are able to report on:

• Basic stats for our classified digital properties (we have 20+ websites/apps in finance vertical)
  • Basic conversion-related metrics tied to classified Form IDs across those properties (we need to maintain our own thresholds configurations to be able to display targets)
  • From the Real-Time API we mostly focus on capturing issues on those properties (unusual spikes in error page hits)

In this case we are not really sure if the same service could be achieved (now or in the near future) via Workspace.

So what would be the recommended approach to do this? Should we just lower our expectations?