Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Adobe Analytics Workspace - Load Tab in the Background PLEASE!

Community Advisor

I keep forgetting to post this, but today it was particularly annoying.

Why do we have have to have the tab ACTIVE in order to get the data to display and load?  I typically open Workspace and then launch different reports into separate tabs in my browser, but the Workspace doesn't load until I actually navigate to that tab.  Why am I not able to load your tabs in the background like so many other sites?

This is super annoying when I'm trying to open multiple reports at one time and trying to SAVE time!

Jeff Bloomer
5 Replies

Level 10

Hi @jeff_bloomer ,

I often open projects in separate tabs too, but they do load in the background. What browser do you use?

Community Advisor

I use Chrome.  I can click on a report and select open in New Tab, but it doesn't fully render until I select the tab.  When I arrive on the tab, all of the reportlets are minimized, and then the Blue Circle turns for about 10 to 30 seconds, and then it shows the data tables.  However, many of the visualizations still take at least a minute sometimes to render.  Very annoying.

Jeff Bloomer

Level 10

hm, that's odd. Maybe one of the extensions changes the default behaviour...

Community Advisor

Interesting hypothesis.  I'll have to play around with them to see if any I have currently active cause that kind of behavior.  Meanwhile, here's a perfect example.  I moved to another tab while this page was loading, and when I returned, I had to refresh it in order to get my list of projects:

jeff_bloomer_0-1631718623223.png

Jeff Bloomer