Replies

Highlighted

frankg15568879

26-02-2018

Hi mubarakd57262327

Yes, those two topics are related but not the same

Regarding to your second point:

From our experience the cross domain tracking with MCIDs does not work very reliably due to the high number of browsers blocking third party cookies. I believe this is why Adobe provided the helper function for appending the MCID on external/cross domain links: How to set Marketing Cloud ID Service helper function in Adobe DTM 

The ITP issue may be resolved by the MCID Service. On websites where we use the MCID Service we have a lot less trouble with marketing channels and mobile device sessions in general.

Highlighted

Gigazelle

Employee

06-03-2018

Hey everyone, we've made some major revisions to the ITP KB article: Adobe Analytics and ITP

The single-best thing you can do for your implementation is to use the Experience Cloud ID service, or set up 1st-party cookies. DTM/Launch makes setting up the visitorID service super simple - I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Another helpful thing to note (that I haven't included in the KB article yet) is that on March 15, Adobe will stop issuing 3rd-party cookies to Safari browsers. Instead, visitors are identified using fallback methods. These changes allow Adobe to handle Safari 11 users in a manner consistent with earlier versions of the browser. This is advantageous because it stops ITP from nuking a cookie mid-visit. It does not require any implementation changes, as the cookie is prevented from being set on Adobe's end.

Highlighted

rickyffff

06-03-2018

Hi Gigazelle​, ,

For the change about Adobe will stop issuing 3rd-party cookies to Safari browsers. Is that it apply to all Adobe Analytics users no matter using what kind of implementation method (e.g. legacy ID)?

And how long can the cookie be keep if the visitors is identified by fallback method?

Regards,

Ricky

Highlighted

Gigazelle

Employee

07-03-2018

Correct, it will apply to all Analytics users regardless of the implementation method.

Since the fallback method uses a first party cookie, it shouldn't be affected by ITP.

Highlighted

Gigazelle

Employee

15-03-2018

Just chatted with product management, and they said it's been postponed to next week. More details forthcoming!

Highlighted

ninal54764896

20-03-2018

Hi Gigazelle,

Thanks for the update! Are we still on track for this Thursday? My company is determining if we should anticipate this change happening soon or if we should start prioritizing implementing the experience cloud ID service.

Highlighted

rickyffff

27-03-2018

We found from Experience Cloud Release Notes that Adobe has rolled out the fix on stopped issuing 3rd-party s_vi cookies for the Safari browser on Mar 20.

Experience Cloud Help

And seems the % of s_vi cookies from our raw data has goes down a lot. We would keep monitor on this.

Can anyone share if their s_vi cookies on Safari browsers go down too after the fix rolled out?

Highlighted