Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Adhoc Analysis : Get around the 50000 row limit

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

>

I am trying to pull a report which has three breakdown levels: Week > A custom Value > A custom segment. The issue I am running into on Adhoc analysis tools is that it is displaying only 50000 rows in a single instance and if I need to look at all the rows in my data I am having to manually click on each of the buttons to expand for a full view. Even exporting the report displays data in the same fashion.

Is there any way to get around this? I've tried using the report builder, however, I ran into an issue with that tool as well where I cannot add the segments as dimensions in the report.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Best,

Akshat

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Akshat,

To have the dimensions broken down by other dimensions without manually clicking on them, you may want to use the table builder configurator where you should be able to set how many lines need to be broken down and how many lines of each dimension should be displayed.

However, if you are looking for a way to export more than 50k rows, AdHoc Analysis is not designed for that. You may want to use Data Warehouse instead.

Level 2

I tried using the data warehouse to get the data needed. However, with data warehouse I am unable to breakdown the data in the same format as I am able to in Adhoc analysis. Also, in Adhoc analysis I am able to track occurrences as a metric but with the warehouse I do not see that option in the metrics.

Level 2

I tried increasing the breakdowns in the Table Builder tool but even if I select the breakdown to be 100 it still only breakdown the first 10. That is the major concern I am having with Adhoc Analysis.

Level 10

Could you attach a screenshot with the table builder configuration?