Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Starting on AMO

Level 10

Hi all,

I want to start understanding AMO.

1. Please let me know what are Search, Social and Display.

2. Does AMO work for Targeting Websites and Mobile as well?

3. Does AMO work for Targeting offline channels like Email, SMS, Push and Call Center?

4. Adobe Campaign also does some of these.

What is the difference between Campaign and AMO?

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

In short,

Search Advertising: Placing your ad in the sponsored section of a search engine listing

Display Advertising: Placing your ad/Banner in the ad sections of particular websites

Social Advertising: Placing your ad on social media networks like Facebook, LinkedIN etc

There is a plethora of content around all these topics over the web, I would recommend going through the available articles to get a good understanding of all the three.

If you mean targeting particular websites for advertising your ads, yes you can do that.

3. Does AMO work for Targeting offline channels like Email, SMS, Push and Call Center?

No

4. Adobe Campaign also does some of these. What is the difference between Campaign

Adobe Campaign is a solution for Email and SMS marketing. It can also design landing pages. Campaign does not do any kind of search, display or social marketing, AMO is the solution for that.

I hope this helps.

Tanmay

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi all,

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

In short,

Search Advertising: Placing your ad in the sponsored section of a search engine listing

Display Advertising: Placing your ad/Banner in the ad sections of particular websites

Social Advertising: Placing your ad on social media networks like Facebook, LinkedIN etc

There is a plethora of content around all these topics over the web, I would recommend going through the available articles to get a good understanding of all the three.

If you mean targeting particular websites for advertising your ads, yes you can do that.

No

4. Adobe Campaign also does some of these. What is the difference between Campaign

Adobe Campaign is a solution for Email and SMS marketing. It can also design landing pages. Campaign does not do any kind of search, display or social marketing, AMO is the solution for that.

I hope this helps.

Tanmay

Level 10

Thanks Tanmay for this informative reply.

I just have two queries on this subject now:

1. "Search Advertising: Placing your ad in the sponsored section of a search engine listing."

Ex: If I search for something in Google, it lists results.

Does Search Advertising mean that our advertisement comes on the Search results page, say in the right column?

2. "Display Advertising: Placing your ad/Banner in the ad sections of particular websites."

This is directly on the web pages.

Ex: If I access a site, it displays some content. It also displays some advertisements also somewhere on the web page.

Is it so?

If you could attach example screen shots for each of these, it helps.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Sure!

Here is an example for search ads:

1293343_pastedImage_0.png

A display ad:

1293458_pastedImage_1.png

Level 10

Hi Tanmay,

Apologies for extending the discussion.

Display Ad looks straight forward.

But in the Search Ad example, I see only "Ad" and a URL, but no advertisement as such.

I was expecting an advertisement on the Search Results page as such.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Rama,

It depends on the advertiser how they want to use their ads. Search ads are mostly textual in nature.

I suggest you go through this post to know different types of search ads - http://blog.wsi-emarketing.com/types-paid-search-ads-digital-marketing-basics/

Best,

Tanmay

Employee

Hi Rama,

In addition to Tanmay's reply - on types of search ads.

I guess, the 'advertisement ads' that you amy be referring to are shopping ads  (Google Product listing ads PLA's) in Search Advertising. For E.g: Look at a Search term ' Blue tie' and you'll end up with images & the price and their avialability.

1312294_pastedImage_0.png

Display ads are displayed on the site.

but here, you had to search for 'blue tie' to get to the images.

Thanks

Vidya