1. Are these just the initial steps or all steps at a high level? If any high level high level step is missing, please add.
These are the initial steps in setting up AMO.
2. Generally Adobe products are such that after the developers implement the system and hand over, client marketing people will be able to carry out some non technical activities.
For AMO, what are such activities that client side marketing people perform, without depending on IT people?
Depends on the type of license you have. For full service, Adobe will handle all implementation and running the campaigns. For tech only, Adobe will do the implementation and client has to manage the campaigns.
3. AMO also executes Campaigns just like Adobe Campaign, but the channels are different between these two products.
Pl confirm this understanding of mine.
Yes, Campaign executes email campaigns whereas AMO executes search, display and social campaigns.
4. What and how AMO optimizes? Since it participates in real time bidding, is it the pricing that it optimizes? Who sets the max price on AMO from client's side from time to time?
What to optimize depends on your strategy. you have to set objectives and AMO would work accordingly. The budgets would be defined by the clients side usually by the marketing team.
5. How does AMO Track conversions?
Who offers the feedback that so and so ad campaign done by AMO resulted in a conversion and which ones did not?
AMO has its own tracking pixel which works in the similar fashion as the Analytics tracking pixel.
6. What Adobe Marketing Cloud products could serve as inputs (AAM is one) and what as outputs (AA could be one)?
Integrations are available with most of the Marketing cloud products and its feasibility depends on the business use case.