I have a fairly simple task to complete and I have not been able to find the adequate resources online to help me solve it. I am hoping somebody here can answer some of my basic questions fairly quickly.
What I am trying to do:
- Create a report in Adobe Analytics that allows me to see the Social Shares of content across my website
- Currently, we have social share buttons that correspond to individual pieces of content (multiple articles on a page), as well as social share buttons that correspond to an entire page (one page devoted to a single video)
- I want to see the quantity of "Social Share" buttons being clicked along with the following values each time one is clicked:
- Value 1: Name of Content that is being shared (i.e. Digital Trends 2017 White Paper)
- Value 2: Name of social platform it's being shared on (i.e. Facebook)
- Value 3: Page Name (note: non-essential if Name of Content can be derived from a Page)
What I have already:
- A newly created event, s.prop, and e.var for 'Social Shares' programmed into Adobe Analytics
- Custom Event report with no data
- Custom Traffic Report with no data
- Custom Conversion Report with no data
- An SDR that maps out all events, s.props, and e.vars
What I need to figure out:
- What do I do now?
- Do I have to go to our developer with the above^ and have them alter the code to include the new event, s.prop. and e.var?
- Do I need to do anything else?
- Our developer does not have extensive experience with Adobe Analytics either. Is there documentation for developers to follow on how they are supposed to alter the code?
Thank you kindly for your help.
Are these answers useful? Help other community members by marking useful answers as accepted.